Friday, July 31, 2009

Fall is Coming

Back to class in 2 weeks - I can't wait! I've been holding off on some postings waiting for us to get closer to the beginning of the semester. Anyhow:

The Center for Faculty Development - has their 2009 Fall Forum on Tuesday, August 11th 8:30 - 1:30 in the Tivoli. I linked their website. IMHO - if we want a better voice on campus we need to make our presence known. I strongly urge your attendance. You can check the Program and register at the link above.

At the same link there is a connection to Faculty Learning Communities. This is worth reading and - participating in.

I will keep you all informed as the semester progresses - feel free to comment!

Howie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The faculty development training for spring was excellent. As I sat down to an equally excellent lunch I chose a table with my department director and another higher up. Several instructors from other departments joined our table. Soon the higher ups in my department started talking loudly about their children's teachers and their "big boobs." I was shocked and appalled that two full time faculty, with supervision priveleges would find nothing better at the conference to talk about than smear other professional women about body styles they likely could not help. I agree with H. that having an affiliate presence on campus is vital just to keep some semblance of professionalism. Suffice it to say I left the table quickly (and later the department for a full time job in greener pastures elsewhere). I wish you all the best of professional fortune as you trudge through another year of Metro inequities and politics. kks

The Flomblog said...

Anon - I wish I had known sooner. If you wish to email me more information - I will keep your name out of it? Promise!

flomberh@mscd.edu