Friday, October 2, 2009

Important Affiliate Information - really!

Professor Kaersvang, president of the Faculty Senate posted a request for people to run for the Faculty Advisory Council. This council attends Board of Trustee meetings and advises the Faculty Senate. I sent out my traditional "Why can't an Affiliate participate?" email and I received a very thoughtful answer from her:

Sure, it is for full time because it is to advise the full time faculty
on Trustee issues. There is no reason why the part time faculty
couldn't establish such a position; the meetings are open as are all of
the committee meetings. Take care,

Lynn


I think that's a good idea. Can we have a person or two volunteer to attend the Board of Trustee Meetings and write a summary for this board? I'll bet Professorr Kaersvang would help us organize? (Perhaps even a non-voting member of the Senate)

BTW. Dr Kaersval was a major factor in getting this blog going.

note: I'm copyingProfessor Kaersvang on this.

Howie

No comments: