Thursday, September 24, 2009

Comments from Howie

Sorry I've been negligent, but it's been an ... Interesting? ... couple of weeks. However I'm back now.

Russ Meade left a comment on his entry, and like everything Russ comments - it's well worth reading. As a matter of fact, I'll copy and paste it to the front. I've asked Russ to share the the moderator duties with me. I look forward to seeing his talents.

Yesterday a post was left that I found upsetting. First of all the post was regarding an issue that should be resolved at the Chair/Dean level. Secondly there was a personal attack on both me and a member of the administration. I will not post it.

I've been through these wars too many time, when a small group becomes upset a vehicle like this loses all creditability. I've been accused of being a "sellout" before, that doesn't bother me, what does bother me is blindly attacking people who are working extremely hard for our school. I'd like your opinions - email me at flomberh@mscd.edu.

End of Rant

The concert last week was superb. The Air Force band was great, Heck, they're Air Force! The only thing that bugged me was the fact that I was wearing Air Force Blue before many of the musicians were even born. I know that this is Metro, but I do wish we had more of us there?

Howie

No comments: