Monday, August 31, 2009

9/11 Celebration on Campus - Please read.

I've been quiet while we got our semester going, but something fascinating has come up. President Jordan has invited us to the "Sharing the Freedom" concert. The Concert will start at 6:30 at 9th Street park. go to www.mscd.edu/freedomconcert for details.

Why? IMHO, a root problem that we have is that the full time faculty do not know we're there, or do not take us very seriously. If we show in numbers we will demonstrate not only our presence on campus, but our support of the school. My wife and I will be there. Look for us. Anyone should be able to point out "Howie". Bring your lawn chairs and picnic baskets.

I think that President Jordan has done what he can giving the load on his shoulders. I've met the new Provost. My immediate impression is that she is an honorable woman and will do what's best for the school. By showing our support we demonstrate that we are a major part of the school and should be taken seriously.

Email me with any questions: flomberh@mscd.edu or hflomberg@gmail.com We want the administration to walk away commenting on the positive support that the Affiliate Faculty showed.


Remember: Keep it Positive

Howie

No comments: